The Samsung Galaxy S comes with, shall we say, an interesting selection of ringtones. While some people may find something usable amidst the pre-installed options, others might prefer a wider selection.
Once you have some great ringtones on your computer, you’re ready to go:
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S to computer using the supplied USB cable
- If your Samsung Galaxy S does not mount automatically, touch the USB icon that appears in the menu bar at the top of the display, drag it down to expose the Android Notification Pane, then tap on USB Connected and select Mount (or Disk Drive)
- Using a file explorer on your computer, navigate to the root folder (the main directory) of the memory card in your Samsung Galaxy S
- Create a new folder called ringtones (some devices require a lowercase “r” so please name the new folder exactly as specified)
- Copy all of the MP3 ringtones you want on your Samsung Galaxy S into the new ringtones folder
That’s it! You can now unmount your Samsung Galaxy S and your ringtones will become available as options when changing your ringtone.
To set one of your new MP3s as your ringtone:
- From the home screen, tap Menu then Settings
- Tap Sound, then Phone ringtone
- Scroll to the ringtone you want, select it and then tap OK